Monday, May 3, 2010

More coffee and some old faces

So, before the whole Karaoke thing, I spent a good chunk of that morning at Caffe D'arte, a coffee shop on 2nd & Stewart, which was probably the 3rd coffee shop I sampled that morning. I enjoyed their latte and they offered free wifi, so they earned my patronage for a few hours as I researched things to do in Seattle and Vancouver. Joe, a former BSA'er, picked me up from the shop and we went for lunch around Pioneer Square. After dealing with some minor derision for being boring at a coffee shop, we started knocking back a few pints of some local brews. I forget what their names were, but all of 'em were tasty enough and that's all you can ask for when you're having good conversations. At some point we started "buzz-dialing" a few members of the former A-Team, the stem cell audit team from four years back (job #2006-108). Had a lot of fun just shooting the shit and getting a sense of life out here from a friend that's been living out here for a few years. Seeing as how Joe's now working for the Washington State Auditor, he's got the best sense of what my life would be if I chose to continue auditing once I leave the BSA. He seems pretty happy with the location and his wife, Suzie, seemed to enjoy the location too. Perhaps this is a place I'd settle down in once I'm done being a bachelor... but that's probably not going to happen for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment