Sunday, April 25, 2010

Packed Up & Ready to Go!

Well, it's 11:30pm and I really should be asleep by now, but I'm still pulling together some last minute preparations. The car's booked and I've got a hostel in mind, though I don't want to commit to an RSVP 'til I figure out what time I'll be making it to Portland. I guess that'll more or less foreshadow the theme of this trip -- play it by ear.

I've honestly got no clue what's going to happen on this journey. So far, there are only three destinations that won't change -- Portland, Seattle, New York. I've already had to give up on the only two things that I was looking forward to doing (sandboarding & zorbing). It doesn't seem like they're going to happen due to the crazy weather we've been having. Sandboarding's going to be rained out and the zorbing place had to push back their start date because of the weather. I guess my stint as a hamster will have to wait since it won't be available by the time I get to Calgary... that is, if I cross through Calgary at all.

So...

Perhaps instead of a trans-Canadian road trip, I'll be doing a proper one across the states. I have been meaning to check out Chicago, so I could end up there in a few weeks. The only thing that can't change is my flight from NY to Sacramento. As long as I know how I'm getting back home, everything else in the middle is just details that'll work themselves out. I promise to keep myself somewhat safe throughout the process.

'til next time,

Andrew
Sacramento, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment